One VOICE is powerful. Our voices together are unstoppable. This…
by Selene Kinder, Empowering Women Now
If you could look back at younger you, what would you tell her? I’ve spent so much time wishing I would have known these lessons sooner. I wished someone would have told me something… literally anything would have been better than silence.
I wish I could be there for you whenever you’re about to make a decisions
based on someone’s idea of what your life should be. I cannot. No one can.
My hopes for this post is that you
take away at least ONE LESSON.
It’s incredibly difficult to navigate life as a woman, but I got your back.
1 . High school is weird… for everyone. Hormones are at their all-time worst. Remember to be kind. At the end of those 4-short years you will never regret being nice. Read more >
2. Take care of your body. The younger you are the easier it is to start good habits. Read more >
3. Always stand up for yourself, no matter where you are. You are going to experience sexism in your life. That is a fact. Be ready for when it happens to you and stand your ground.
If you feel scared, remember when you stand up
you’re not only standing up for yourself but everyone else. Be brave.
4. Someone will break your heart real bad, but that does not mean you break someone else’s heart in return. This isn’t a tit for tat game. Let go and make room for the good. Read more >
5. Don’t set limits for yourself: Whether you want to become an entrepreneur, dancer , firefighter, pilot, or singer, the world is your oyster. Read more >
The only things coming between you, and your goals are excuses.
6. Be a bit rebellious. If you want to live your life on your own terms, it means standing up to those who want you to lead your life on their terms. Have you taken a little step in the direction to lead your own life? One of my favorite quotes is:
7. Never underestimate the friendship of another woman. Don’t create rivalries; shun jealousy and competition and accept your friends for who they are, free of judgement. Help other women up. Women friends are invaluable.
8. Finances – As a woman, you will be in a great place when you understand how money works and how to earn more without having to necessarily trade hours for dollars. Read more >
9. Never stop learning. I’ve become so confident in myself. Not because of my looks, not because of what I wear, but because of what I know. Knowledge is power. Read more >
10. People will expect you to be married. The decision is up to you. You are not half of anything. You were created whole.
4GGL thanks Empowering Women for this story.
Selene Kinder is founder of Empowering Women Now, which is dedicated to Positive messages and videos that uplift, inspire, and encourage the empowerment of women all over the world. #Empoweringwomennow
“Being a woman is such a beautiful thing. Lets celebrate our life, empower women around us, and share the things that most inspire us. Life can be hard but together we are unstoppable! Heres to the strong women, may we know them, may we raise them, may we be them.”