HERStories is a video that shares words of wisdom and…
Gender parity is linked to economic prosperity.
It’s an economic imperative.
Women’s advancement and leadership are central to
business performance and economic prosperity.
– Laura Tyson, University of California, Berkeley, professor and former chair of the US president’s Council of Economic Advisors.
“Fewer large companies are run by women than by men named John,
a sure indicator that the glass ceiling remains firmly in place in corporate America.” – NY Times
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO CLOSE THE GENDER GAP
& GET MORE WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP?
Global studies on the impact of women in leadership reveal:
– Profitability, Return on Investment, and Innovation all increase when women are counted among senior leadership.
– Women are the largest emerging market in the world
– More women political leaders > more prosperity
– More equality > more productivity > higher GDP*
– More gender-balanced leadership > better financial and all-around performance
how can you? #PledgeForParity
BONUS: See how one woman started a global movement that’s working!
*Gross domestic product (GDP) is the monetary value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country’s borders in a specific time period.
4GGL thanks IWD 2016 for this story!
International Women’s Day is a collective day of global celebration and a call for gender parity.