4GGL loves this site, as it introduces us all to real moms…
Gender parity is linked to economic prosperity.
It’s an economic imperative.
Women’s advancement and leadership are central to
business performance and economic prosperity.
– Laura Tyson, University of California, Berkeley, professor and former chair of the US president’s Council of Economic Advisors.
“Fewer large companies are run by women than by men named John,
a sure indicator that the glass ceiling remains firmly in place in corporate America.” – NY Times
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO CLOSE THE GENDER GAP
& GET MORE WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP?
Global studies on the impact of women in leadership reveal:
– Profitability, Return on Investment, and Innovation all increase when women are counted among senior leadership.
– Women are the largest emerging market in the world
– More women political leaders > more prosperity
– More equality > more productivity > higher GDP*
– More gender-balanced leadership > better financial and all-around performance
how can you? #PledgeForParity
BONUS: See how one woman started a global movement that’s working!
*Gross domestic product (GDP) is the monetary value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country’s borders in a specific time period.
4GGL thanks IWD 2016 for this story!
International Women’s Day is a collective day of global celebration and a call for gender parity.